Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 3 - Overflowing Heart

No matter how many times I come to Haiti, the appreciation of experiencing the impact of Haiti on my teammates for their first times absolutely floods my heart. Discussing our experiences at the end of each day is always so insightful and full of meaning. There is no doubt the Lord moves mightily in our hearts here in this third world country. Sharing both tears and laughter with our team and with the Haitians is nothing short of a precious gift from God... Oh how I wish everyone could experience what we do here! God gives us so much when we share in the lives of those who have much less.

What an amazing team we have. To be on a mission trip with children on our team is something brand new for me, but even more so with my own daughter! Faith, Abby, Lily, Brooklyn and Danielle are sharing in something most kids their age will never experience. And to see the love pour out of them on to the least of these leaves us parents and adults beaming with smiles of joy. I can only imagine what this trip will do for their (and our) futures...

Today we got to tour Grace Village and visit with the orphans there after an attempt to visit the kids at Isaiah's orphanage. Unfortunately the kids were not around at Isaiah's, but God used our time to spend at Grace village and then enjoy a few hours at one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to: Wahoo Beach. Interacting with vendors and other Haitians there was a joy in itself. We talked with some other missionaries there and were lifted up by one another. We were able to share in worship with the other Healing Haiti team tonight, thanks to the amazing talent of Jeff Gjerde and his guitar! And of course Fanfan always lifts everyone up in the Spirit whenever he is present. Outstanding!

Ending the night with some devotions, word of the day, and of course a good ole fashion interacting game of Mafia leaves us all filled with tears, joy and laughter. Sometimes I wonder how my heart can contain so much living water... and then I remember, IT CAN'T. But an "overflowing heart" beats anything the world has to offer! Love this team!

Dave Kjonaas


No comments:

Post a Comment